Tuesday, December 27, 2011

How The Ice Stole Chrismas

Let me kick this post off with the correct mood, I don't like X-mas. If Christmas was a sport, it would be the Warrior Run because your not going to get to the end without taking some lumps. In the end you wonder what you accomplished and why. It all seams meaningless and the only thing moving me forward is the march of time and the ability to cowboy up and pretend to like some of it. This years Run wasn't expected to be any different...I'm kind of a Grinch.

Friday I went for a bike ride starting about 9:30am. I had hoped to get 30 miles in but I ran a bit short on time and ended at 25. The ride was really peaceful and it felt like I was the only one out enjoying the blustery conditions and biting wind. This ride really helped cheer me up because I didn't want xmas to arrive.

See NO PEOPLE! <I'm real happy>

I have family obligations and other distraction over the next day or two but I find a few hours to hide in my workshop building a bench power supply for my electronics hobby. I enjoy being in my workshop, its where a Grinch likes to hide so they don't hear all the Christmas cheer.

Enclosure and high voltage side is complete.

Monday some buddies and I go out to Minnewashta Lake for an ice dive. Water clarity and bottom composition make for poor dives but we find a pressure riff and jump right in! Terry was on a dive at the time and comes up for a look. It's good to have friends and it's better to have so many that your ice hole gets crowded! Maybe this is what Xmas is suppose to be about, I mean it has all the normal Holiday activities?

Company arrives to celebrate the occasion

There is not enough room for everyone but you squeeze in.

Everyone wants to smile for the camera
 
Emotions are high while unwrapping all the toys!

Everyone leaves. Xmas 2011 is in the books

 I guess I was wrong, I like Christmas. I like it in my own way.

And what happened then...?
Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he...
...HE HIMSELF...!
The Grinch carved the roast beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment