Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Long Ride (100)

I got presidents day off and I was going to try and make my first 100 mile ride. I missed 100 a few weeks ago for a leg cramp. Today the weather was forecast for ~40 and the cross bike was calling me. I love how fast it is. I had challenges from the start but nothing I couldn't deal with.

I head out at 10am, stop at the local bike store for a spare tube and I'm off with no plan but to ride. I take some trails I know into Saint Paul, then up the river to Minneapolis and Boom Island, across to Loring park and look at some status in the sculpture garden (love that place). I take Kenwood over to Cedar lake, loop lake, south, loop Calhoun, loop Harriet, loop Nakomis, take Minnehaha to 55, to Fort Snelling, to Lillydale to Saint Paul to Battle Creek to Inver Grove and I'm only at 82 miles so a few extra local trails and I hit 101.7 miles in 8 hours 10. Not a good speed but I got my goal, it was fun and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment