Saturday, May 16, 2015

Almonzo 2015


Almonzo 2015


Lining up for the start of the 2015 Almanzo gravel grinder for the 4th time. Blake's 2nd and Pete's first.
 Attendance is a little low this year as the weather is cool and clouds report rain is possible but weather guessers are not sure.


Although it's wet and pissy out I have to stop and remove a layer because I'm overheating. Overheating is just as bad as getting rained on so I have to remove some clothes and cool down even if I get rained on.

Almost done. The hardest part of the ride is the end. I pop not long after leaving this stop and struggle for 10 miles to get my legs back. Weather is poor all day but it's not bad.


 Just after Blake and I finish the skies open and it's a full on monsoon for 10 minutes.


I know Pete is about to finish so when the rain stops I hang out at the finish to catch Pete's finish.


 A light coating of road grit and the day ends successfully for all three of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment